Costco Travel: 7 Things to Know Before You Book Your Next Vacation
Updated: Mar 16
But have you ever thought about booking your getaways through Costco Travel?
Costco has an amazing travel agency right inside of the company, and there are so many options for travel that I thought it would be a good idea to discuss a few.
In fact, 7 reasons why I think Costco is a great travel partner.
So in this article, we are going to take a look at how Costco Travel works and talk about the pros and cons of booking your next trip through the warehouse giant.
Costco Travel: The Ins & Outs of using Cost Travel and What You Need to Know About Travel Packages, Car Rentals, Cruises and More
Costco uses its bulk-buying power to negotiate discounted rates on travel packages (including airfare and hotel), car rentals, cruises and more for members at CostcoTravel.com.
Members can book online travel by going online to costco travel website or by calling Members services at 866-921-7925 for bookings.
So just how much can the warehouse club save you on your trip?Our in-house travel team at Krisspi.com has done extensive research on Costco Travel and come up with the Top 7 things you need to know about the service.
We compared Costco Travel to the AAA discount you may be familiar with, and learned that Members may see a 10% savings overall through booking with Costco.In these times of bonus points, business credit cares, and discount cards, like chase sapphire reserve, ink business preferred,card by citi, card from American Express, and Capital one venture rewards, customers need to know what card issuer and company gives them the best combined savings. It is best to use your travel rewards plus the costco travel program to get the largest savings.The costco travel program is indeed worthy of additional review.With that in mind, here are the 7 things you need to know before booking your trips through Costco Travel.
1. Costco Travel Packages Offer a One-Stop-Shopping Experience As with many travel websites, Costco lets you book an entire vacation online. This appeals to people who like to have all the moving parts of planning a trip (airfare, accommodations, activities, etc.) handled in a neat, organized way.But the cookie-cutter approach can have its downsides. Costco hotels and resorts tend to be the big box type vs. boutique or off-the-beaten-tracks properties, Clara says, Due to volume bookings, these preferred hotels often throw in a dining credit, an activity or a room upgrade small perks that can mean a big difference to some.There is one draw back to booking with Costco Travel, and it's that you may never get the same representative twice. This isn't that bad when you consider working with Costco travel. The goal here is to save money and booking through costco does exactly that.If a client wants to work with the same person, we would recommend working directly with a trusted travel agent, that takes an extra step to build long term relationships with clients.
Read more about booking Costco Travel packages here.
2. Booking a Hotel With Costco Travel Is Easy As with all the prices you are quoted at CostcoTravel.com, hotel rates include upfront pricing that includes taxes.Costco works with a variety of brand-name hotels & hotel chain including:
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Hyatt Hotels and Resorts*Swiss Ã´tel Hotels & Resorts.
Read more about booking a hotel through Costco here
3. Here is What You Need to Know About Costco Travel Car Rental Costco Travel works with popular rental car brands including:
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise
Our recommendation is that Budget and enterprise give you the best savings.In addition to U.S. rentals, you can rent a car through Costco Travel for use in Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom.
One of the nice features of renting a car through Costco is that the additional driver fee is waived.
Read more about booking rental cars through Costco here
4. Costco Travel Offers Great Last-Minute Deals on Cruises
Costco partners with a variety of mainstream cruise lines to offer deals to members.
Azamar - Carnival Celebrity - XCrystal - Cruises Cunard - Disney Cruise - Line Holland America - Line Norwegian Cruise - Line Princess Cruises - Regent Seven Seas -Cruises Royal Caribbean - International Uni-World Boutique - River Cruises - Royal Caribbean
According to Bosonetto, Costco is a great place to book last-minute cruises because you will often get perks such as on board credits.And, here is another nice feature: If you don't use all the onboard credit you're given, you can get a partial refund before disembarking. If Costco Cash Card is issued, it can be used
in a store.
Read more about booking Costco cruises here
5. You Can Earn 2% on Everything You Do With Costco Travel
Thanks to a recent change, Costco Executive Members now receive an annual 2% reward on Costco Travel purchases (up to $1,000)!
This 2% is on top of the 3% you can get back on travel expenses if you use the Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi.
The 3% back anybody can get using the Costco Visa card, while the extra 2% back is reserved solely for Executive Members who pay an annual membership fee of $120.
However, certain expenditures are restricted from this offer.
Taxes Fees Surcharges. Protection Travel purchased through a third-party such as activities and tours Baggage fees Upgrades Rental car equipment Resort charges Port charges Resort and cruise line fees
See the full details on how the 2% reward is calculated here
6. Disney World Is a favorite destination for the costco travel program
Costco members receive extra value, including a Disney Gift Card valid for use towards Premium Character Dining, and more!
Walt Disney World and the Disney Family of theme parks are a great destination for costco members and their families.
Including the following perks in their travel program, including bonus points for bringing kids along for the fun.
And the following perks:
1. Gift Cards up to $250 for families that bring their kids
2. Savings on rooms that are kid friendly 3. Kid friendly destinations at the park like, Star Wars and Galaxy's Edge 4. Save money on disney cruise with kids Disney is the perfect vacation destination for families who are costco members. Disney's travel program is both kid and family friendly
7. Here are Other ways to save money with Disney Vacation Package
Costco does a great job with allowing costco members to save on Vacation pages.
Customize your experience with a Costco Travel vacation package.
With some of the world's most popular destinations available, a quality vacation is at your fingertips. Maximize your Costco membership and enjoy the value.
Vacation to locations like:
and many more places around the world!
If convenience is king for you, you may want to give Costco's travel offerings a try.
However, if you're the kind of person who enjoys hunting for travel bargains, you are likely to score better deals booking solo and without the help of the warehouse club.
I still believe in booking airfare and accommodations separately for the lowest vacation price. But again, some people want to spend the time to do this. As you know, it's a lot of work!
As always, you can book your On Demand Hair Service with Krisspi.com before you arrive at your destination. We are located inside your favorite hotel and offer an amazing experience no matter where your vacation takes you.
Stay tuned to Krisspi.com for more travel tips and loyalty programs to earn points and discounts on travel.
Sign-up for Krisspi Newsletter here
Download our App